Software Requirements for Exchange Server 2013
- Windows Server® 2012 Standard or Datacenter
- Windows Server® 2008 R2 Standard with Service Pack 1 (SP1)
- Windows Server® 2008 R2 Enterprise with SP1
- Windows Server® 2008 R2 Datacenter RTM or newer
Additional Software Components required:
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 (only for Windows Server 2008 and 2008 R2).
- Windows Management Framework 3.0 (included with Windows Server 2012).
- Remote Server Administration Tools (RSAT) for ADDS.
- Microsoft Unified Communications Managed API 4.0, Core Runtime 64-bit.
- Microsoft® Office 2010 Filter Pack SP1 64-bit or Microsoft Office 2013 Filter Pack. This one is optional but it is good to have.
- Exchange Server Updates for Knowledge Base articles KB974405, KB2619234, and KB2533623 when installing Exchange Server 2013 on Windows Server 2008 R2.
- Task Scheduler service is enabled and running on the server where you plan to install Exchange Server 2013.
Hardware Requirements for Exchange Server 2013
- 64-bit architecture-based Intel® processor thatsupports Intel 64 architecture (formerly known as Intel EM64T), or an AMD processor that supports theAMD64 platform.
- Intel Itanium IA64 processors are not supported.
- Mailbox: 8 GB minimum
- Client Access: 4 GB minimum
- Mailbox and Client Access combined: 8 GB minimum
- At least 30 GB on the drive on which you install Exchange.
- An additional 500 MB of available disk space for each Unified Messaging (UM) language pack thatyou plan to install.
- 200 MB of available disk space on the system drive.
- A hard disk that stores the message queue database on with at least 500 MB of free space.
- All partitions that Exchange Server 2013 will use must be formatted with the NTFS file system.
AD DS Requirements:
- The domain controller that is the schema master must have Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2, or Windows Server 2003 with Service Pack 2 (SP2).
- At least one global catalog server must be installed in each of the sites where you deploy Exchange Server 2013.
- In each site where you plan to install Exchange Server 2013, you must have at least one writable domain controller running Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2008, or Windows Server 2008 R2.
- The Active Directory domain and forest functional levels must run Windows Server 2003, at the minimum.
- Exchange Server 2013 must be able to locate Active Directory domain controllers, global catalog servers, and other Exchange Servers.