- Logging in to the VMware Appliance Management website fails with error message as “Unable to authenticate user. Please try again”
- You can successfully log in to the console of the appliance using the same root account with the same password.
- Log in to the appliance using your root account.
- You can reset the password by running the command: passwd root
- This will reset the root password for another 365 days.
- Alternatively, if you do not wish to change password, you can extend the root password expiry date by running this command:
- To check the password settings, run this command: chage -l
- In this example, I changed “Maximum Password Age” to 99999. Rest all values are defaults. However, ensure that you verify with internal policies of your organisation prior to applying this setting.
- Once the required change is done, you can verify the access is restored.
I hope this helps!!!!!