To install ESXi 8, follow these steps:
- Download the ESXi ISO file from the VMware website.
- Burn the ISO file to a CD or USB drive. (for installing ESXi in a VM, you can directly mount the ISO)
- Boot the server from the CD/USB drive.
- Press Enter to install ESXi.
- Accept the End User License Agreement.
- Select the disk to install ESXi on and press Enter.
- Select keyboard layout and continue.
- Enter root credentials and press enter to continue
- Press F11 to confirm install.
- Wait for the installation to complete. Once installation is completed, press enter to reboot the host.
- Configure network settings, hostname and root password from DCUI post reboot.
Note: This is a general outline. For detailed instructions, it is recommended to refer to the VMware documentation for the specific version of ESXi you are installing.